Transforming Students into the Workers of Tomorrow: No Hugs or Superhero Backpacks Allowed!
This webinar is took place on Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 3:00 – 4:30pm.
Now more than ever it is important to prepare all students with disabilities (SWDs) for employment after high school. This interactive webinar is designed to provide practical strategies for teachers and other education professionals to support SWD’s employment experiences and raise everyone’s expectation for community inclusion and employment. Participants will learn how they can infuse employability skills into daily school experiences and make critical linkages to ensure a seamless transition into a meaningful adult life.
- Participants will understand roles and responsibilities to support employment, meaningful community inclusion and positive post-school outcomes
- Participants will understand skills students need to be successful in adult life
- Participants will learn how to infuse employability skills into their daily teaching
Presentation Handouts and Materials:
- Transforming Students into the Workers of Tomorrow – One per page – Presentation handout – PDF
- Transforming Students into the Workers of Tomorrow – Two slides per page – Presentation handout – PDF
- Transforming Students into the Workers of Tomorrow – Three slides per page – Presentation handout – PDF
Positive Personal Profile
- Developing a Positive Personal Profile (PDF)
- Blank Positive Personal Profile (DOC)
- Blank Positive Personal Profile (PDF)
- Example Positive Personal Profile (PDF)
CRP Pre-ETS Guidebook: Strategies for community rehabilitation providers to collaborate on Pre-ETS
This easy to use Guide provides information, strategies and resources Community Rehabilitation Providers (CRPs) can use to deliver Pre-employment transition services to students with disabilities. Additionally, CRP staff, Vocational Rehabilitation staff and educators will find ideas and tools to build and enhance their partnerships.
Pre-Employment Transition Services: A Guide for Collaboration Among State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies and Education Partners
Educational and vocational rehabilitation programs each have key roles and responsibilities in improving post-school outcomes for students with disabilities. To help facilitate understanding, and promote local discussion and planning, this Guide has been developed for educators and VR Counselors to use to enhance their partnership and improve coordination of services to students with disabilities. Also included is a section with information and tools for engaging families in the transition planning and support for their student.