Project SEARCH is:
- A 9-month unpaid internship program for students and young adults with disabilities
- Rotate through 3 internships; 4-5 hours/day
- Instruction focused on job preparation and soft skills
- Goal – competitive integrated employment for at least 16 hours a week above minimum wage
- Business led with support from community partners
- Supported by a sustainable braided funding model
Project SEARCH team works with participants to provide support and accommodations as needed for success.
Participants have a unique opportunity to immerse themselves into the workplace, learning in real-life settings & developing transferrable job skills.