Ryan has been on the front lines at a busy Safeway in San Francisco. Worklink helped Ryan secure her position at Safeway a number of years ago and continues supporting her employment there – even throughout the COVID crisis. WorkLink assists her in securing masks and gloves so she could travel to and from work safely – and helped her learn social distancing rules, Safeway’s new protocols and policies, and how to maintain hand hygiene while at work. Friends and family asked Ryan to take leave from her position during the pandemic, and Ryan refused. She said, “I do not want to sit at home when my co-workers need my help.” Ryan’s sunny disposition has been noted as a big help during this crisis. One customer said he was willing to wait as long as it takes to go through her checkout line – just so he can say hi to her.
We are sharing the story of Ryan and her continued success in hopes that you will consider making a donation this #GivingTuesday to help us in our efforts to expand our support to essential workers, such as Ryan nationwide.
Your gift today helps us expand on these services:
- Provide job coaching and development to our clients; including those considered essential workers, serving the community.
- Develop and expand our training programs for our clients & practitioners in the field.
- Create innovative ways to continue to engage and support our clients virtually during the COVID crisis.
- Provide our essential workers with safety precautionary measures and items needed to work safely during the COVID crisis.
- Continue our efforts to expand our outreach, serving as many people possible looking for meaningful work & community inclusion nationwide.
Thank you for your support, stay safe and Happy Holidays!
Comments are closed.