Date: April 16, 2019
Time: 2:00 – 3:30 PM Eastern
$35 per registration for webinar access.
For those who want a certificate of participation and/or 1.5 credit hour for Commission for Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) an additional $35 applies (**please note that it has been submitted to CRCC for review and approval).
Register now for Part 3 of our 3 part series on Meaningful Day Services:
Managing Community-based Services for Individuals with Disabilities and Supporting Field-based Teams/Staff
This webinar will share insights and strategies for creating meaningful individualized services for individuals with disabilities while supporting field-based teams. The importance of community integration and inclusion of individuals with disabilities is undeniable. People gain a sense of dignity and self-worth from being active, valued members of society. Yet, connecting individuals with intellectual and development disabilities (I/DD) to the world in meaningful ways is sometimes challenging. It takes a high degree of ingenuity and persistence. For many provider agencies and staff, teaching and supporting people in community settings requires a completely different approach to program planning and service delivery. Creating individualized schedules and juggling the supports and logistics involved can be complicated.
Webinar Learning Objectives
- Learn the Quality Indicators for individualized, community-based services.
- Develop a “Services, not Programs” mindset and learn to create a “team-based” approach to supporting individuals with more significant disabilities.
- Learn how Direct Service staffing differs in community-based services. We will discuss the skills sets required, new roles and responsibilities, how to recruit/hire for these positions.
- Learn strategies for managing field-based staff and mitigating the challenges and risks that come with providing services in community-based settings.
- Learn methods for building partnerships with community sites/resources.
- Learn ways to connect people to others in Urban and Rural communities.
- Learn how to create person-centered weekly schedules and “individualized” group services.
Sara Murphy, Director of WorkLink, TransCen’s San Francisco-based employment program for job seekers with disabilities.
- Will be presented on the GotoWebinar platform
- A telephone option will be available
Will be available prior to the scheduled date.
Continuing Education Recognition *Pending*
- Certificate of Participation
- Commission for Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) 1.5 Clock Hours
Certificate of Participation or CRCC credit hour can only be awarded for those participating during the original broadcast of the webinar.